Tecnologia do Blogger.
RSS

Finding Love After Breast Cancer

View this message in your browser

Chicken Soup for the Soul
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Inspiration for Your Cancer Journey

Did you miss any of these recent podcasts?

Why You Should Listen to Your Dreams

Miraculous Coincidences, No Religion Required

My Determined, Distraught, and Demented Dad

 

Today’s Free Story

Chicken Soup for the Soul book cover image

Finding Love After Breast Cancer
From Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dating Game
By Christa M. Grabske

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.
~Mary Manin Morrissey

We had been dating for three months when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I could sense his internal dialogue. "I like being with her, but do I want to deal with a cancer patient?" We stayed together, but he never once visited me in the hospital or kept me company during my treatments. I knew he didn't love me, but I was scared to leave him because I was afraid no one else would ever want me. My surgeries had left me scarred on the outside and extremely vulnerable on the inside. After two years, we finally gave up on our relationship.

There I was, twenty-nine years old, back in the dating scene. It was terrifying. How could I tell someone, a male someone, that I only had one breast? When I finally did go out on a date, I panicked when he got a little too close to lifting my shirt while we were kissing. I had anxiety attacks about revealing my secret. Before our next date, I walked all over town thinking and crying because I was going to tell this guy about my breast cancer. The night of the date came, and I still didn't know how to bring it up. He never showed. After all my anxiety, I was stood up. I felt so upset. My friends were angry for me. One friend told him to his face what a horrible person he was. He probably sensed my anxiety but had no clue what it was all about, so he ran for the hills. (Keep reading)

Read More Buy This Book
 
 

Pets & More

a dog looks out in a long hallway

October is the month to celebrate shelter pets as it is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Check out the Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food blog on Reviewing What Really Matters.

 

What’s Happening

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Young at Heart — Age is just a number!

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Young at Heart cover image

101 inspiring, entertaining stories about vitality, curiosity, and joy.

(We are participants in the Amazon Associates affiliate program and will earn commissions for qualifying purchases made through Amazon links in this newsletter.)

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just Say Yes — A little word that packs a big punch!

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just Say Yes cover image

101 stories about trying new things, overcoming your fears, and broadening your world!

Warm and winning messages for your little one: book covers for `Keep Trying (Don't Give Up!)' with a grey lamb and yellow bird both putting on shoes, 'A Gift for Me? (I Want It!)' with a rabbit holding a gift box, 'Say Thank You? (But Why?)' with a giraffe holding a bowl

Everyone deserves their own Chicken Soup for the Soul! And that's why we have teamed up with an amazing children's publisher, Charlesbridge, to create entertaining books for babies and preschoolers. Our own grandchildren love these books, which impart life lessons through stories about the adventures of some very relatable baby animals. Check out the entire line of Chicken Soup for the Soul Children's books here!

 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário